Tuesday 4 November 2014

How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive And PC

In past I shared so many tips and tricks regarding to how to protect your PC/laptop from virus.

Now I am sharing best working methods to remove shorcut virus. It is a latent trojan virus which affects your both Internal and external memory. shortcut virus is also known as cool.vbs, you may see this files also when your PC or pendrive affected with Shortcut virus. Even though you are using powerful antivirus some times your Pendrive will be a victim of shortcut virus.

Actually shortcut virus will come through Internet while browsing, downloading from cloud storage, sharing files on Internet etc... It will crash your data and makes your PC slow How To Make Your PC/Laptop Run Faster And Smoother and create shortcut folder for original folder by using windows autorun vunerability. 

 I personally experienced this when I am studying my graduate course my pendrive is completely affected with shortcut virus actually I used It only for college Seminars. At that time It was really annoying and so much loss of data on pendrive, I searched for solutions on Internet after reading so many tutorials I found the best ways that are very efficient and easy  ways to remove shortcut virus from your PC/laptop and pendrive.

Methods To Remove Shortcut Virus From Your PC & Flash Drives

There are two best working methods to remove shortcut virus (cool.vbs) from your PC/Laptop and other flash drives ( memory card, pendrive ). Just follow my step by step guide to remove this virus.

Remove Shortcut Virus Using Command Prompt ( CMD )

You may thought It is difficult to use for persons who don't have command on command Promt and aslo technically. Here no skills are required just follow my Instructions.
How To Copy & Paste In The Windows CMD or Command Prompt
  • Click on start button  go to run and type CMD and hit on enter.
  • Now you need to write simple command which you can see below.
              attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.*
  • All you need to do is replace Drive-name with your drive name to remove shortcut virus from It.
  •  Example I want to remove that virus from "E" drive then I will replace Drive-Name with "E" attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d E:*.*
  • That's It shortcut virus is removed.

Remove Shortcut Virus Using .BAT File

This is an another method to remove shortcut virus, If above method is little difficult. You can follow this one, In this method you have to type above code on notepad and save It with .bat extension. One more thing you have another advantage in this method you can remove shortcut virus from multiple drives at a time. Let me tell you how to do It.
  • Open notepad and copy paste the below code.
@echo off 

attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.*

attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.* 

attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive-Name:*.* 

@echo complete
  • Replace Drive-Name with your drives which are affected by shortcut virus.
  • Save that notepad file as removevirus.bat ( Note: save file on desktop )
  • Now run that file that's It all shorcut virus are removed from the drives you mentioned in the notepad.
How To Increase Internet Speed In Windows 7
I hope this article will helps you to remove shortcut virus If It will do me a favour by sharing this on social networking sites. Regarding to this article If you have any doubts or any other methods let me know through comments.

5 comments:

  1. Cool technology bhanu ... Very useful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this trick, I am going to bookmark this article. My pen drives have got corrupted many times. Hope this trick will work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear, I have the same problem many times until I found answer here http://removalbits.com/how-to-remove-myway-homepage-and-search-from-chrome-firefox-and-internet-explorer/. It was very hard to erase this virus at once.

      Delete
  3. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives in depth information about the problems which mostly face by people. keep posting. Thanks.
    bulk flash drives

    ReplyDelete